...but 1st...myDisclaimer!!!

..all contents r solely derived from my own perspectives & xperiences with good intentions@heart. it is by your own choice and falls under your own responsibility should u decide to quote/follow/elaborate/use/purchase any part/all of these. choices are in your hands...make d most out of them. learn about Karma....i'm not perfect..n so r u... We live 2 complement each other, agree to disagree on certain matters, make mistakes, learn lessons from them, BE A BETTER PERSON and move on with our lives....shall we??? Next!!!

1.2.10

...of life with ADHD...

when she was first born & we took her home, she was a 'no fuss' lil girl..my 1st child..and she still is now...except she's not so little anymore. by the age of 2, my brother asked me.."eh, kenapa anak nko ni tak peduli lansung bila aku panggil dia? aku panggil nama dia 50 kali pun dia x pusing lansung...". & dat was d beginning of everything dats 1st. I took her to c a child psychologist when she was 3...1st time...Dr. Rose Chong smiled & reassured me dat I need not worry..."Y worry...U've got a genius in the making dear...now, does she have other siblings?" "Yes" i answered, s i just gave birth to my 2nd daughter. what followed after that was a series of audio tests, speech therapies n more observations by Dr. Rose then she confirmed that my 1st daughter is with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).... During our sessions with Dr. Rose, she told us that my Iysha may only be interested with stuff that kids of her age may not be interested in yet!!! dat her thinking is way ahead of them and dat she'll also not be interested with communicating with others (speech & social) & she'll be in her 'own' world most of the time....pasal, katanyer, anak i ada banyak sangat projects dlm kepala dia yang dia nak complete kan.....so, pasal tu lar dia x interested nak ber'communicate' dengan orang....pasal banyak kerja nak buat....heheh.....pekdahh.... n due to this, I'm now n 'expert' in ADHD....can read them like the back of my hand..n raising her with lotsa love n NO DRUGS!!!

..fast forward....she's now in form 1, a teenage, still in her own world but have included us in her world....n I've gotto sprint to catch up....and mind u...she's very2 smart!!!! street smart!!! she's like my manual for everything techy...buy new phone, kasi kat dia 1 hari, 2nd day take back from her n ask her to teach me how to use...same thing with all new softwares...gv her a few days to xplore and she'll teach u how to use them after dat...no problemo! one day few years back, I dengar her 'chuckle' from in front of the computer...i pun sneak2....damn...she built her own comic page with some of her own sketches dat she posted and leave for others to comment....n I'm like...."ciss....masa bila dia buat nihhhh..." n the rest is history....

..memandangkan dia ni 'omputeh' sikit (pasal dulu2 speech therapist dia Americano!), maka communication nyer memang omputeh jer larrr....sampai my mom yang tersangatlar Melayu Kelantan tu pong doh panda kecek omputeh....hahahhaaaaaa...namun, sebenarnya dia paham Bahasa Malaysia standard dan bahasa Kelantan...anyways....impact 'dia' sangat besar dalam family i....kerna 'situasi' nyer yg begitu...suma orang terpaksa memaksa diri mereka utk bercakap bahasa omputeh kerna nak berbual dengannya.....& akhirnya...yaaaa akhirnya...we found that all kids in our family (especially her siblings & cousins) are naturally bilingual....hehehe...ada bagusnya jugak kannnn...... FYI, I never resort to drug when raising her (unless she demam)....I mean for her ADHD...

...there are strings of things that I learned from the Doc, the "Dos" and the "Don'ts" for ADHD....on how to raise them....and we've chosen to follow the "Dos" only and whatever that comes after the "Dos".....find her interests, strength and emphasize on them....never mind if she's left a little bit behind on the 'normal academic'....doesn't matter if she only passes her UPSR without flying colors....never mind that.... My Iysha is now taller than me (baru form 1) and her shoe size is already 2 sizes bigger than mine!!! Loves alternative rock music (thanks to all her Uncles!!!), goth in style (sorry....no Barbie 4 dis 1!), with 'have-computer-takyah makan n tido' kind of of mindset and a very good anime sketch artist with a legion of virtual fans & friends.....&....n....yesterday.....last nite I mean....I caught her typing her own script for her anime website........damn...I've to sprint again.....have to go and find a proper anime school for her...........can u help me???? do u know of any????

Soooo.....there u go......on raising an ADHD child.....all i wanna say is that u shouldn't despair if your child is diagnosed with any condition.....i 4 1 feel soooo blessed for 'this' gift from Him...never ever let others talk u into d 'don'ts'....superconcentrate on the 'dos'...on their strengths, on their talents...on their interests....nobody else knows your child like u do....they may share the same hair color, the same smile, the same skin color...or even the same DNA....but they're all different individuals with their own strengths and capabilities............and all will be well..................Insyaallah.......aaaammmmmiiiinnnnn!!!!!